Are you interested in donating to Light for the World? Read on to learn more about our financial transparency, tax deductibility and other common questions.
Light for the World has been awarded the Austrian Donation Seal of Approval every year since 2001. The Donation Seal of Approval is your guarantee that we will handle your donation responsibly and prudently and that it will go where it can make the most impact.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How can I donate to Light for the World?
Click here to make a monthly or one-time donation online — it’s fast, easy, and secure! If you would like to make the greatest possible impact, please consider signing up for a monthly donation.
- How much of my donation goes directly to the beneficiaries?
75% of your donation will go directly to our programmes, while the remaining 25% is used to cover administrative costs that enable us to work safely and reliably in our project countries. You can read more in our Activity Report here: https://www.light-for-the-world.org/transparency.
- How will I know that my donation will be used responsibly?
Light for the World has been awarded the Austrian Donation Seal of Approval every year since 2001. The Donation Seal of Approval is your guarantee that we will handle your donation responsibly and prudently and that it will go where it can make the most difference. You can find more information about the Donation Seal of Approval here: https://www.osgs.at/licht-fuer-die-welt.
- Is my donation tax-deductible?
Donations are tax-deductible in specific countries. For example, in Austria, we report the donation to the tax office annually in January for the previous year. In order to report the donation, we need your full name as it appears on the registration form and your date of birth. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more assistance.
- Can I donate to a specific country or project?
We are very thankful for all the donations we receive and want to ensure they are used where the need is greatest. It is therefore more efficient for funds to be used for an ongoing programme. If you would like to raise money for a specific country or project, please write to email@example.com, and we will be happy to discuss it with you.
- Can I donate actual items like eyeglasses instead?
We are happy to hear that people are interested in supporting our work for eye health. However, Light for the World does not accept in-kind donations due to expensive and inefficient transport, storage and fitting requirements. We prefer to source glasses in directly in our project countries for cost-efficiency and to support the local economy.
- How do I donate in the name of a loved one or on behalf of a company?
In our online donation form, you can enter the name of the person or company you are dedicating your donation to. If you would like a personalized certificate for this, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I update, change or cancel my donation?
We are happy to make changes to your donation and information at any time. Please send your name and details of your request to email@example.com.
Do you have a question?
Thank you for your interest in donating to Light for the World! Supports like you make our work possible. I look forward to speaking with you.Jakob Lintner – Donor Communications
Read about how donations made a difference
Annual Report 2020
pdf – 3 MB