Let’s build a future, where every child can go to school
One Class For All is an inclusive education programme in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Mozambique and South Sudan. Inclusive education transforms education systems to increase access, acceptance, participation and learning achievement among all children, regardless of their disabilities, by removing barriers and enhancing the capacity of the education system to accommodate diversity.
A lasting impact on the lives of children with disabilities
32 million children with disabilities in low- and middle-income countries are out of school. They are being denied their right to receive quality education and deprived of their dreams of a better and sustainable future. One Class For All is working on several levels in order to guarantee those children their right to schooling.
In 2022 we supported many children with disabilities.
- 13.450 children with disabilities reached through rehabilitation programmes
- 9.550 children with disabilities have access to quality education
- 1.380 teachers trained
How Wendabos life changed forever
10-year-old Wendabo was born without arms or legs in a small rural village in Burkina Faso. One Class For All provided physio and a wheelchair, and also helped with teacher training, enabling her to visit an inclusive school. Today, Wendabo is a lively schoolgirl, popular and outgoing with a big dream: She wants to be a teacher when she’s older.
How One Class for All triggers system change
Lasting systemic change for an inclusive society requires working on all levels:
- LOCALLY with partners who directly work with children and their families, rehabilitation and health facilities, community based rehabilitation workers, schools, teachers and communities
- NATIONALLY with ministries, regional bureaus and other stakeholders to establish legal frameworks and facilitate learning and exchange
- INTERNATIONALLY through partnerships and alliances advocating disability inclusive education financing and monitoring commitments
Support change with your investment
One Class For All is a growing and evolving education programme in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Mozambique and South Sudan.
Be part of a group of philanthropists who trigger the lasting systemic change needed in education systems to unleash the potential of the 2.5 million children with disabilities between six and eighteen years in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Mozambique and South Sudan, who have been excluded from quality inclusive education.
Investing in inclusive education
- helps children to attend school
- reduces poverty
- benefits individual and national economies
- improves stability, peace and security
- contributes to healthier populations