Dr. Geoffrey Wabulembo is Light for the World’s Medical Director for Eye Health and NTDs. He is a global eye health expert and senior ophthalmologist with extensive experience in pediatrics, clinical case management, human resource development, community eye health and strategic planning and evaluation. His previous positions include senior ophthalmologist for CBM at the University of Papua New Guinea; as well as Chief Ophthalmologist in Uganda, his home country. In recognition of his excellent results, he has received fellowships from top eye health organisations including CBM, Light for the World and the College of Ophthalmologists, East Central and Southern Africa (COECSA).
His international academic career includes:
- Bachelor & Masters, Makerere University, Uganda
- Diploma in Community Eye Health, ICEH London, UK
- Fellowship in Pediatric Ophtalmology, University of California, USA
- Lecturer at the School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Papua New Guinea
- PhD University Kwa Zulu Natal, South Africa
Dr. Wabulembo’s role will focus on further establishing Light for the World as an international expert in the fields of eye health and NTDs, with high quality, evidence-based programmes which aim at health systems strengthening and reaching the most vulnerable.