Our Ambition: System Change
Our vision is a future where every child, regardless of her or his abilities can go to school.
One Class For all is our inclusive education programme in Burkina Faso and Ethiopia. Inclusive education transforms education systems to increase access, acceptance, participation and learning achievement of all children by removing barriers and enhancing the capacity of the education system to accommodate diversity.
Changing the game for Children with Disabilities
32 million children with disabilities in low and middle income countries are out of school. Denied their right to receive quality education and deprived of their dreams of a better and sustainable future.
Action Plan 2022
How Wendabos life changed forever
10-year old Wendabo was born without legs and arms in a small rural village in Burkina Faso. One Class For All provided physio and a wheelchair, helped with teacher training, that enables her to visit an inclusive school. Today Wendabo is a lively schoolgirl, popular and outgoing with a big dream: She wants to be a teacher, when she’s older.
How we trigger Change
Lasting systemic change towards an inclusive society requires working on all levels:
- LOCALLY with partners who directly work with children and their families, rehabilitation and health facilities, community-based rehabilitation workers, schools, teachers and communities
- NATIONALLY with ministries, regional bureaus and other stakeholders to establish legal frame- works and facilitate learning and exchange
- INTERNATIONALLY through partnerships and alliances advocating for disability-inclusive education financing and monitoring commitments:
Become a Game Changer
One class for all is a growing and evolving program.
We are a group of Game Changers who trigger the lasting systemic change needed to unleash the potential of the 2.4 million children with disabilities in Burkina Faso and Ethiopia who have been excluded from quality inclusive education. If you want to contribute to these efforts, please get in touch with us.
How you can trigger change
Investing in Inclusive Education ...
- supports children to attend school
- reduces poverty
- benefits individual and national economies
- improves stability, peace and security
- contributes to healthier populations
What our supporters say
~ Susanne Hillebrand
Equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities is #Solvable | Yetnebersh Nigussie
Your contact person: